Users face the error message ‘Cannot Schedule the meeting. Error code: 3113′ when they are scheduling a meeting or are sometimes attempting to join one. This error message usually appears when you don’t set a passcode or add a waiting room when scheduling a meeting.
These utilities are important when scheduling a meeting because they enable the platform to have consistency when a meeting is set. If you don’t have a waiting room, users will not be able to join or wait until you start the meeting. The password helps in filtering users so they just have to enter the meeting password to join instead of you manually admitting everyone.
Update: Newer Zoom clients have the passcode features enabled by default. If you belong to an organization, contact your admin to change this.
How to Solve Zoom Error code 3113: Cannot Schedule the Meeting
Here are a few methods which will help in rectifying the error message:
For Web Application: Enable Waiting Room
In Zoom’s web application which you access through the browser, you can easily remedy the error message by enabling the waiting room option when scheduling a Zoom meeting. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Zoom profile and click on Schedule a meeting present at the top-right side of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and check the option of Waiting Room.
- Make other changes to your meeting settings (if any) and try to schedule it now.
For Desktop Clients: Enable Waiting Room
The same is the case with Zoom’s Desktop clients. You need to enable the Waiting room when scheduling a meeting.
- Open the Zoom client and click on Schedule a meeting denoted by a calendar.
- Now, check the option of Waiting Room and save changes.
- Try scheduling the meeting now and see if this works.
For Android Clients: Enable Waiting Room
In the case of Android / iOS devices, follow these steps:
- Open the application and click on Schedule present at the top bar of your homepage.
- Now, scroll down and enable the option of Enable Waiting room.
- Save changes and exit. Now see if the meeting is able to set successfully.
For all Clients: Update Zoom to the Latest Build
If enabling the Waiting room didn’t work, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your device or machine.
In the case of the Desktop application, just open the application, click on your profile and Search for updates.
In the case of a smartphone application, you can easily go to the App Store / Play Store and check for updates there.