Ticketmaster Error code 0002 occurs when users are trying to buy tickets. This happens when after waiting in the Ticketmaster queue, you finally select the tickets you want but are either unable to :
- Add them to the cart.
- Unable to checkout tickets already present in the cart.
The error message looks something like this:
Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again later
Error Code: 0002
This is an ongoing issue with officials from Ticketmaster acknowledging the issue on their official support forums but not providing any concrete workaround. General fixes are posted instead of explaining what is actually happening behind the scenes.
What Causes Ticketmaster Error ‘We could not Process your Request’?
The causes are broken down into two parts:
- Server-side issues: In this case, there is probably nothing you can do except try again. This is a known problem from Ticketmaster’s side when the servers get overloaded when a lot of people are trying to purchase a hot ticket.
- Client-side issues: The issue, in this case, is mostly with your web browser or mobile device web application.
Update – 8th November 2021
There were two recent outages as shown per our records. This occurred due to the high load on the Ticketmaster servers because of the upcoming events.
We went through some official Ticketmaster suggestions on their web page on how you can remedy this. Before moving any further, check your Ticketmaster order history. If you got the error message after the checkout page, you should first check if you have already purchased a ticket. In some cases, the error message is shown but the ticket is purchased.
Here are some recommendations and guidelines for using Ticketmaster:
- Do not log in to multiple devices at the same time. Ticketmaster keeps track of different sessions that are logged in and if there are multiple, there can be discrepancies when purchasing a ticket.
- Avoid public WiFi networks. These are not reliable or might be flagged by Ticketmaster themselves. Use your Phone’s mobile data connection instead.
- Avoid copying links and pasting them on other browsers. The links are usually anchored to a current session. If you want to purchase a ticket, do it one go.
If none of the above methods worked for you or you already tried them from Ticketmaster’s official troubleshooting page, then move to the solutions down below.
PS: There was some humor in Reddit as well because of the frustration this error brings. We feel for our readers but this is an ongoing problem with Ticketmaster mostly when there are pre-sale tickets.
How to Solve Ticketmaster Error 0002?
There are a few workarounds that worked for users. Even though these are not ‘concrete’ fixes, they seem to do the trick. The majority of the solutions suggested by Ticketmaster support don’t work but these are a few tweaks that work.
1. Use Incognito Window
Using Incognito Windows makes sure that the cookies stored in your browser or its cache aren’t used when making requests. This rules out any bad data present in the browser which may be causing you Error 0002 when you are trying to buy tickets. Take a look at the process below on how to pop up an Incognito tab.
- Open your browser and press Ctrl+Shift+N or Click on the three dots icon on the right corner and click on New incognito Window.
- Now, try buying the tickets and see if this does the trick.
2. Clear the Cookies and Cache of your Browser
The logic behind this solution is the same as before. Clearing your cookies and cache will clear out any old data or bad information stored in your browser. Take a look at how to clear these on Google Chrome below. You can duplicate the steps if you are using another browser.
- Open your Chrome browser and locate the three dots icon on the top right corner and click on it. From the dropdown list click on More Tools and select Clear Browsing data or you can simply press Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- Select a time range so the browser can clear data automatically. From the given list select all the options i.e.Browsing History (not Mandatory)
Cookies and other site data
Cached images and files
- Once you have selected all of them, click on Clear data. Make sure you select a long enough time range.
- If this doesn’t work, make sure you clear the data all the time and try again.
3. Use Ticketmaster on Mobile Phone
If none of the above methods work, try accessing the ticket through Ticketmaster by opening the platform on your smartphone browser or through the official Ticketmaster application.
Here are the links:
If none of the above methods work, you should make sure that the Ticketmaster service is up and running. There are numerous cases where the platform is down because of an overwhelming amount of people trying to purchase the ticket. You can check the following resources:
Do go through some Reddit threads as well to see if this is an ongoing problem with other users as well.