Netflix is one of the most popular entertainment content streaming platforms of all time. However, from time to time it runs into different glitches and errors. A quick way to resolve them is to reset Netflix.
When and Why Resetting is Necessary?
Resetting Netflix causes all the data stored in your device to get erased completely. This clears any bad configurations or data stored in the computer and re-initializes everything. Do note that all your user data will be removed and you will be required to re-enter your credentials.
Resetting comes in handy when the platform is not working as intended on your system either because of bad updates or corrupt internal configurations. Resetting Netflix will return it to its original form when it was downloaded and installed on your device.
Procedures for Resetting the Netflix Application
Here, we will discuss the steps to reset the ‘Netflix’ application on different platforms. So, whether your Netflix app is not working on TV or Netflix is stuck on the loading screen, the following steps will come in handy.
- Press the ‘Xbox’ button on your controller after signing in to your Xbox account.
- Then, choose the ‘My games & apps’ option and, after that, choose the ‘See all’ option.
- Now, move to the ‘Apps’ section and find the ‘Netflix’ application.
- Then, press the ‘Menu’ button on the Xbox controller to reveal the associated options.
- Xbox will display a pop-up of options. So, choose the ‘Manage app’ option.
- Then, move down to the ‘Saved data’ tab and highlight the ‘Netflix’ app again.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button from the controller again to display another pop-up of options. Then, choose the ‘Clear reserved space’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ of your PlayStation.
Note: If you can’t find the ‘Settings’ option, press the ‘PlayStation button’ on the controller for 5 seconds and choose the ‘Settings’ option afterward
- Now scroll down to find the settings named ‘Storage.’ So, open it.
- Then, choose the ‘System Storage’ option.
- After that, choose the ‘Saved Data’ option.
- Then, highlight the ‘Netflix’ application in the next window.
- Again, press the ‘X’ button from the controller and choose the ‘Delete’ option from the side window.
- Then, choose the ‘Delete’ button again to delete its data.
- Now, select the ‘OK’ button to confirm the deletion process.
- While you are on the error message screen, click on the ‘More Details’ button.
- Then, choose the ‘Reset Netflix’ option. Once you have reset the Netflix application, Xbox One will sign out from the Netflix application.
Note: The interface of these steps will vary from smartphone to smartphone. So, if the interface is different in your case, you can find similar options on your smartphone
- Open the applications’ home screen on your smartphone and long tap on the ‘Netflix’ icon.
- This action will reveal a series of options. So, choose the ‘App info’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Storage and & cache’ option on the next screen.
- Then, choose to clear the storage of the ‘Netflix’ application by tapping on the ‘CLEAR STORAGE’ option.
After resetting the ‘Netflix’ application, you will need your email and password because the application will ask you to sign in again.