Doordash has quickly become the largest third-party delivery service in the U.S. and is highly recommended by customers. However, sometimes users may encounter the Doordash Error Code 404. This error prevents them from placing an order or launching the app.
Sometimes, when you launch a website you may not be able to access the content and face the error code 404. The Doordash Error Code 404 is a standardized HTTP code. This can occur when the content on the website has been deleted or moved elsewhere or if the whole domain was deleted. Moreover, if the URL is not correct or if the Doordash server is down it can lead to this issue.
In short, this error message typically indicates that the server was unable to find the requested page. It occurs when a requested page or resource is unable to be found on the Doordash platform. This may occur due to a multitude of reasons such as unstable internet connection, back-end issues, and other bugs. So, yes there are various reasons as to why this error occurs. But, multiple methods can help fix this problem.
- Check your internet connection – Make sure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection.
- Refresh the Doordash Page – You can try refreshing the page as the problem might be the internet connectivity. To solve this, you can use the refresh button located in the top left corner of any website.
- Check if the Doordash Server is Down – The Doordash server is not built to withstand high traffic loads. Plus, the site might even deliberately be offline for a certain period if scheduled maintenance is on it. So, check it.
- Update the Doordash app – Make sure to have the latest version of the app installed. You can easily update it from the app store if it is not up to date already.
- Sign Out and Sign Back In – Sometimes a session refresh can get rid of any temporary issues that may be causing the error.
- Clear the Doordash App Cache and Data – This can help remove any corrupted files or settings that may be causing this error. Simple steps for Android and iPhone users are mentioned below.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the App – If the above solutions do not work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Plus, if the error is still persistent you can restart your device.
- Check if the Network Hardware is Updated – Network hardware refers to the devices that are used for connection to the internet such as the router and the modem. People often forget to update them.
- Use a different browser or device – If you are facing the error on a specific browser, try to launch Doordash using an alternative browser or device.
- Contact the Doordash Support Team – If the above solutions did not work for you then the best course of action is to contact the Doordash support team.
How To Fix Doordash Error Code 404
Now, we know that this standard HTTP error occurs due to a website downtime or deletion. Let us discuss the various solutions and measures that you can take to resolve this issue.
Check Your Internet Connection
Most times, poor networks can be the reason behind such errors. So, make sure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection and also check network speed. Check the bandwidth of your internet connection. Plus, you should try launching other websites and applications to see if the issue is specific to Doordash or if it is your internet connectivity problem.
Refresh The Doordash Page
At times, the server may fail to get a secure connection and cause the page to load improperly. To counter this, you can use the refresh button located in the top left corner of any website.
As an alternative, you can try opening a new tab and searching for the page again. Now you should check if the error occurs again. If it does then follow the below solutions.
Check If The Doordash Server Is Down
The Doordash server is not built to withstand high traffic loads as too many users are expected to use the platform at one time. So, at times when unexpected traffic occurs the server will be affected. The site might even deliberately be offline for a certain period if scheduled maintenance is on it. However, these maintenance periods are usually communicated well before time to reduce any inconvenience to users.
Hence, what you can do is check if the servers are online. You can do this by going to downdetector.com on your web browser, it will give you a swift response. If the servers are down, then you will have to simply wait it out.
Update Doordash App
If you are using the Doordash app when you face this error, then make sure to have the latest version of the app installed. You can easily update it from the app store or play sore if it is not up to date already.
Sign Out And Sign Back In
Signing out of your Doordash account and then signing back in can indeed be an effective solution. As sometimes a session refresh can get rid of any temporary issues that may be causing the error. Here are the steps to do this:
- Launch the Doordash app or the Doordash website on your web browser.
- If you are already logged in, go to your account settings or your profile.
- Find and select the option to “Log Out” or “Sign Out” to log out of your Doordash account.
- After successfully doing so, close the Doordash app or website fully.
- After a few minutes, relaunch the Doordash app or revisit the website.
- Click on the “Log In” or “Sign In” option and enter your correct login credentials to log back into your Doordash account.
This will establish a fresh session and potentially resolve any temporary issues that may have led to this Error Code 404. Hence, if this error was caused by a session-related glitch then this solution should eliminate the error code easily.
Clear The Doordash App Cache And Data
Clearing the app cache can help get rid of this error. It can help remove any corrupted files or settings that may be causing this error. Make sure you have your correct login credentials with you as clearing data will log you out of the app for some time. You can clear the app cache and data by following the simple steps below:
For Android Users:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Find the Apps section.
- Look for the Doordash app
- Click Storage
- Then, finally, tap on the Clear cache option.
For IOS Users:
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to General
- Find and click iPhone storage
- Select your Doordash app
- Now, click offload to get rid of the data and cache
This was for the app cache, but to clear the browser cache you can click this link and get access to in-depth steps. Clearing your browser cache can help eliminate cached data that may be causing Doordash errors such as this and Doordash Error 99. By deleting all the settings of the browser, including the cache and cookies, any bugs that might be causing errors can be cleared.
Uninstall And Reinstall The App
If the above solutions do not work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Plus, if the error is still persistent you can restart your device. Sometimes a quick restart can fix all kinds of errors and bugs.
Check If The Network Hardware Is Updated
Network hardware refers to the devices that are used for connection to the internet. These devices are the router and the modem. People often forget or are unaware that these devices also need to get regular updates to function properly. So, if you are facing any network issues this may be the reason for that. You need to check if your devices are up to date and make sure to update them regularly.
Use a Different Browser or Device
If you are facing the error on a specific browser, try launching Doordash using an alternative browser or device. This can help determine if the error is browser-specific or related to the device you are currently using. Every website must follow a specific set of protocols and rules needed by each browser. If a website fails to follow these rules, it may not be displayed properly. You can simply attempt to switch to a different browser to resolve the problem.
Contact The Doordash Support Team
If you have tried and tested all of the above solutions and none of them were successful in getting rid of this error. Then the best course of action is to contact the Doordash support team. You can contact Doordash through the app or their website.
They can investigate if there are any issues on their end and work efficiently to resolve any such problems quickly. Thus, if the Error Code 404 persists it is advisable to reach out to Doordash customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps for your situation. Plus, will let you know what is exactly wrong in your situation and how to solve it before you can use the platform again.
How To Prevent Doordash Error Code 404
To make sure this error doesn’t hinder your experience on the Doordash platform again, follow these preventative measures:
- Make sure to keep your Doordash app and web browser up to date to ensure compatibility with the latest platform changes.
- Always double-check the URL or the app navigation to be sure you are accessing valid pages and not third-party platforms.
- Maintain a strong and reliable internet connection to prevent connectivity issues that may trigger Error Code 404.
- Do not ever use outdated or expired links to navigate to Doordash pages. Ensure that you always use the most recent links provided by Doordash or search directly from their homepage.
- Frequently check for server status updates on the Doordash official website or social media platforms to be aware of any ongoing maintenance or server-related issues.
- Regularly clear your browser cache to prevent cached data issues that might lead to Error Code 404.
- Double or even triple-check the spelling and formatting of URLs when you manually enter them. Typos can lead to page errors.
- If you use the Doordash mobile app, it is essential for you to ensure you have been granted the necessary permissions such as for location services and other alike app features to work right.
- Keep the operating system of your device up-to-date. Install system updates frequently.
- Avoid running resource-intensive apps simultaneously. So, close all unnecessary apps to free up space and device resources.
- Disable any such VPN or proxies that may interfere with the app’s connectivity and cause issues.
In conclusion, Doordash Error Code 404 is a standard HTTP protocol error. This error will make it hard for you to connect to the platform as the website will appear unavailable. This can be an occasional hiccup while using the Doordash platform. But by being armed with the right knowledge, you can quickly overcome it. This article will help you use Doordash with confidence and have a hassle-free ordering process.
What Does The 404 Error Represent?
This error code 404 indicates that a server was unable to find a webpage requested by the user. There are many variations of this error message such as “404 Error,” “404 Page Not Found” and “The requested URL was not found.”
Why Does Doordash Keep Giving Me An Error?
What Is Doordash Failure Code 400?
What Is The Doordash 401 Status Code?